· Subject: Re: [Marxism] An important development on the Indonesian left
· From: Ozleft
· Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2008 00:22:41 +1100
· Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
· Reply-to: Activists and scholars in Marxist tradition
· Sender: email@example.com
· User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (Windows/20071031)
Peter Boyle’s curious intervention on Marxmail
Over the past week or so Max Lane has put on his own longstanding blog
at Sydney University, and more recently on Marxmail, one of his periodic
accounts of developments on the left in Indonesia.
Max is no ordinary observer of Indonesia, but the major translator of
the novelist Pramoedya Ananta Toer, and an important promoter of Toer’s
works in the English-speaking world.
In the course of his work as an academic specialising in Indonesia he
has spent long periods in Indonesia and some time in East Timor. To sum
up, he’s the Australian left expert on Indonesia.